When we get sick, someone will take care of us – a doctor or nurse perhaps? But have you asked yourself, how about if they get sick, who will take care of them, their colleagues? Maybe. This kind of people must be appreciated, yes, they are paid but their job is more than their salary is worth for. Who wants to take care other people, some even with contagious diseases? Who wants to stay up late just to watch those babies that are not yours? Why would you even care if someone gets hurt if you don’t even know them? But these Health Care Professionals will. They prioritize other people than their selves. It is the humblest profession I could ever think of.
Health Care Professionals help people to get well. So you must know who these people are. Below are some of the different types of health care professionals that you must so that whenever you get sick, you know whom and where to go:
- Pediatrics – this type of health care professionals specialized in taking care of the babies. They are very patient and kind since children are a little particular in choosing someone they can trust.
- Neonatologists – this health care professional is in-charge of assisting those newborn babies with disabilities or disorders.
- Cardiologist – specializes in treating any heart conditions, so if you’ve got one, you already know whom to visit.
- Hematologists – for those people with problems or diseases in their blood, this health care professional should be the one you need to visit.
- Psychologists – they diagnose and study the behavior of a certain person to identify and know what is really the problem. They administer some tests, may it be an IQ test, personality, performance, aptitude tests and a lot more. There are different kinds of psychologists specializing in different fields such counseling, development, and many more.
- Ob-gynecologists – they are the ones responsible for taking care of those pregnant women as well as the baby inside their womb. They prescribe them vitamins both for the baby and the mother.
- Physical therapists – this health care professionals helps people with physical disabilities or those who have temporary immobility so that they may be able to restore their bodily functioning.
- Dentists – this health care professional is very common especially if you have tooth problems. They extract decayed tooth and cleans your teeth.
- Psychiatrist – they diagnose and treat people with mental disorders to help them restore to the original state of their mind though there are some who can’t be helped anymore.
- Nurses – they are the ones who assist the doctors or physicians in everything – from operation to diagnosing the patients. They are also the one who monitors the patient, ensuring that they take their prescribe medicines on time.
All of the listed health care professionals above are required by the law to have licenses to ensure the credibility of their job performances because they are dealing with people – real live people.
Now that you know the list of health care professionals, you can start looking up for the right professional to ask for advice and help regarding your health problem. With this information, you can be prepared of which health professional to ask regarding your health issue and be able to get the right person to ask. Always remember that the world of medicine is way too large and full of science, so if you want to do something that would connect to medications. Then, you should start learning more and be prepared for what you will experience.